Check out some of the benefits that a well placed diaphragm and proper breathing can have on your entire body!
- Reflex activation of the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
- Improved “core” (thoraco-pelvic) control: Decreased low back pain
- Decreased Urinary stress incontinence
- Proper positioning of the diaphragm and proper breathing mechanics assist in the potential reduction acid reflux
- Mobilization of the rib and spine joints
- Mobilization of soft tissue called fascia
- Normalization of CO2 elimination in the older client, thus decreased body acidity thus less inflammation and overall less pain
- Greater ability to activate the Psoas Major to help stabilize the low back
- When combined with proper posture assists in the normal function of the autonomic nervous system AKA: Better ability to be in “The Zone”
- Reduce risk of lower lung related diseases and pneumonia
- Possibly helps to reduce spikes in blood sugar
If you are interested in improving your golf game through better breathing techniques as part of a comprehensive golf fitness program, contact us today!